How You Can Help During November Awareness Month
You are here
Help Us, Help You! We need your help getting the word out about 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome and helping to keep our educational services free for our families. November kicks off our biggest month to raise awareness and raise funds for The 22q Family Foundation. We want to raise $80,000 to help continue all of our services that directly impact 22q families. This year we will be doing a WEEKLY RAFFLE GIVEAWAY FOR OUR FUNDRAISERS! (Details below)
To donate directly and see our progress, text 22qaware to 41444 or DONATE/LEARN MORE HERE.
(Please keep in mind our mailing address has been updated: The 22q Family Foundation P.O. Box 643 Erie, CO 80516)
WAYS YOU CAN GET INVOLVED:
1. Share your own story by completing this form. We will choose various families to feature on our social media platforms and website during the month of November.
You can also share on social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter) and make sure to tag us (FB/Twitter: @22qfamily, Insta: @22qfamilyfoundation) to help us grow our follower base and reach. We want the world to know about 22q, so shout it to the rooftops! Get loud and proud on social media. Please use ALL of these hashtags when posting: #22q #22qfamily #22q11 #22qaware #rockyourq
2. Reach out to your employer and ask if they offer matching donations for a charity of your choice. Use this opportunity as a teachable moment to share with your colleagues and employer about 22q. Download this editable letter to help you easily reach out today!
3. Send an email to friends, family, medical and other health care professionals, teachers and parents of your 22q student with ways they can help!
3. Ask your employer if they have an electronic employee gift program like Benevity or Yourcause. We are a 501c(3) and are eligible to receive donations and our EIN#47-5675819.
4. Donate the remaining balance on your VISA gift cards. Every little bit counts.
5. Shop Amazon??? Get signed up and each purchase you'll be helping the foundation. When you shop this link, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases back to our foundation at no cost to you. It may not seem like a lot, but every penny helps keep our foundation running. To start helping, follow these easy steps:
-Make sure to select "The 22q Family Foundation" as your charity of choice.
-Be sure that for all future purchases, you order your products on smile.amazon.com to ensure the foundation receives the donation. If you use the PRIME app on you cellular device or shop amazon.com, credit will not be given to us for your purchases.
With your help...we can continue to help you!
6. Reach out to educators or local newspapers to help get everyone #22qaware. Thank you to Karen Heilers in KY for sharing these letters as references for other families to get out there and raise awareness! View educator letter: or letter to editor.
7. Create a fundraiser and be entered to win a Raffle Prize: on Facebook. Every little bit helps us keep our doors open and keeps our educational resources free to 22q families in need. If you create a fundraiser or are a donor for the week, you'll be entered into our weekly raffle giveaway. You can also now make fundraisers on Instagram. If you need more help with setting one up, reach out to email@example.com
-Week 1 (November 1-6): A 22qFF Rock Your Q Christmas ornament.
-Week 2 (November 7-13): An autographed Strike Out 22q Chicago Cubs Jersey signed by Ryan Dempster
-Week 3 (November 14-20): A choice of any 22q Family branded tee
-Week 4 (November 21-27): A pair of 22q Family branded socks
-Week 5 (November 28-30): A 22qFF car magnet.
8. Request 10 mini-awareness pamphlets to spread the word about 22q when you are out on the go!
9. Help us spread the word by liking and sharing ALL of social media posts.