How You Can Help During November Awareness Month
You are here
Help Us, Help You! We need your help getting the word out about 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome and helping to keep our educational services free for our families. November kicks off our biggest month to raise awareness and raise funds for The 22q Family Foundation. We want to raise $22,000 to help continue all of our services that directly impact 22q families. Last year we surpassed this goal and as a team raised $38,000! This year we will be doing a WEEKLY RAFFLE GIVEAWAY FOR OUR TOP FUNDRAISERS! (Details below)
To donate directly to this campaign text 22qaware to 41444 or DONATE HERE.
(Please keep in mind our mailing address has been updated: The 22q Family Foundation P.O. Box 1344 Aptos, CA 95003)
1. Share your own story on social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter) and make sure to tag us (FB/Twitter: @22qfamily, Insta: @22qfamilyfoundation) to help us grow our follower base and reach. We want the world to know about 22q, so shout it to the rooftops! Get loud and proud on social media.
2. Reach out to your employer and ask if they offer matching donations for a charity of your choice. Use this opportunity as a teachable moment to share with your colleagues and employer about 22q. Download this editable letter to help you easily reach out today!
3. Send an email to friends, family, medical and other health care professionals, teachers and parents of your 22q student with ways they can help!
3. Ask your employer if they have an electronic employee gift program like Benevity or Yourcause. We are a 501c(3) and are eligible to receive donations and our EIN#47-5675819.
4. Donate the remaining balance on your VISA gift cards. Every little bit counts.
5. Shop Amazon??? Get signed up and each purchase you'll be helping the foundation. When you shop this link, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases back to our foundation at no cost to you. It may not seem like a lot, but every penny helps keep our foundation running. To start helping, follow these easy steps:
-Make sure to select "The 22q Family Foundation" as your charity of choice.
-Be sure that for all future purchases, you order your products on smile.amazon.com to ensure the foundation receives the donation. If you use the PRIME app on you cellular device or shop amazon.com, credit will not be given to us for your purchases.
With your help...we can continue to help you!
6. Use this Facebook frame to personalize your profile pic for the month of November. Then click on "Use Frame" .Help all your friends on social media see the cause that is important to you!
7. Reach out to educators or local newspapers to help get everyone #22qaware. Thank you to Karen Heilers in KY for sharing these letters as references for other families to get out there and raise awareness! View educator letter: or letter to editor.
8. Create a fundraiser and be entered to win a Raffle Prize: on Facebook or Instagram. Every little bit helps us keep our doors open and keeps our educational resources free to 22q families in need. If you create a fundraiser or are a top donor for the week, you'll be entered into our weekly raffle giveaway. Prizes include:
-a copy of the newest edition of Educating Children with Velo-Cardio-Facial-Syndrome by Donna Cutler Landsman
-an autographed Strike Out 22q Chicago Cubs Jersey signed by Ryan Dempster
-a copy of Just Jen: Living with Invisible Differences by R.S. Hibbard
-a copy of The Abilities in Me: 22q Deletion by Gemma Keir
9. Request 10 mini-awareness pamhlets to spread the word about 22q when you are out on the go!
10. Help us spread the word by liking and sharing our social media posts.