Jacob's Travels ~The 22q Teddy
You are here
Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group page started last year when young Kyli Dinan thought she would send her friend and favorite teddy bear on the road to meet other children diagnosed with 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome. With the help of her mother (Rachel Dinan) they created a Facebook Group titled Jacob's Tavels 22Q. and sent Jacob off to make new friends and connect families who have come to know the 22q diagnosis. Each of the host families agreed to keep Jacob for 5 days and document the visit. Host families also agreed to pay the airfare (shipping costs) associated with Jacobs next stop. The Dinan family have been coordinating this adventure for a year now and Jacob has made friends everywhere! Each host family has added pages to Jacob's travel binder with photos, letters, and drawings. It is chocked full of wonderful adventures from 22q families around the U.S.
Please read the rules below and should you like to coordinate a visit from Jacob please visit the Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group.
Kyli Dinan, Jacob's Best Friend
A Message from Rachel & Kyli Dinan:
Should your children like a visit from Jacob we ask you agree to a few rules before he arrives!
"Life is so much more fun with friends! Jacob the Teddybear wants to travel the world making and introducing friends! His owner Kyli is 10 years old and has 22Q11.2 Deletion Syndrome. She loves Jacob very much but, she also loves to make new friends. Are you ready to have some fun? Invite Jacob the Teddybear for a visit. Then be sure to share with the Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group page all about you and the adventures you had while Jacob was with you!"
TO SCHEDULE A VISIT FROM JACOB YOU MUST JOIN Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group page
Your email should include your full name, your childs first name, your physical mailing address and phone number. Jacob is Kyli's best friend and she very much like to keep up with Jacob through the Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group page so joining the page is a requirment. It is a closed/private group.
1. You must have a chid diagnosed with 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome, be a member of Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group page
2. You must agree in advance to love and care for Jacob as if he were your childs favorite toy/blanket/pasifier or woobie.
3. You may only keep Jacob for 5 days then he must go onto his next friend.
4. You must agree to post pictures of your childs visit with Jacob and give details of the adventures they had together during his visit on the Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group page.
5. As soon as you receive Jacob you must notify the Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group page of his arrival.
6. As soon as he is sent on his way you must also notify of his departure on the Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group page
7. Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group page is and will remain private group. A brief description of your child and also your shipping address.
8. It will be on a first come first serve basis. You will be notified when the request is accepted and where your child will fall for their visit.
9. The Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Group page webpage will post this list to keep it fair.
10. A shipping label to send Jacob to his next stop will be provided and you must agree to use this label and send him along to the next on the list! (Even if you know your friends child would love a visit)
11. From time to time Kyli will ask that the Jacob be sent back to our home to check on his well being and see how he is holding up. Everyone needs a break sometimes. Even a teddybear!
12. There is a marvelous journal included in Jacob's suit case. We ask that you or your child include a small paragraph or picture if they can not write. Also add the first name and age of your child.
13. Before Jacob is sent to your home a confirmation letter will be sent to you. You must respond in order for him to be sent to you. Should the week assigned to your family not work for you, we can switch you to the following week or so on. The next person on the list would then go before you.
- Jacob has plastic eyes.
- Jacob sometimes visits families who have pets.
- DO NOT ADD ITEMS WHICH COULD BE SWALLOWED TO JACOB'S SUIT CASE OR TRAVEL BOX.
To join the fun please visit Jacob's Tavels 22Q Facebook Page (this is a closed group where families can communiacte and share pictures privately)
Thank you in advance!
Rachel & Kyli Dinan
Jacob the Teddybear
3110 Wilmont Dr.
Wilmington, DE 19810